Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Today

A lot of my dreams lately have been very... over-compensatory. I haven't blogged about them, because they're completely PG-13, if you know what I mean, and I believe you do. For instance, after last night's dream, I will never be able to look at Elaine Benes the same way again. See, already I've said too much.

I took a buncha cards out of my wallet.


It's much more comfortable now. Because my wallet is no longer overstuffed now, stuff is not falling out of it every time I open it, and when I close it, it feels much flat and un-stuffed. This was an overdue piece of housecleaning. This will be a big quality-of-life improvement.

I spoke to _________. I'm not mentioning her name because it might be embarrassing, to her, to myself, and to still others. (It's not Elaine Benes. It's not Julia Louis-Dreyfus either.) She's such a nice lady. *sigh* A while ago I asked her out, she said she was in a relationship, and since then when I see her I haven't been very social because I don't want it to be awkward and weird, and now she's reaching out to me whenever our paths happen to cross, to show me that it's not weird and that we're friends. She's awesome. I have some nice friends.

I VOTED TODAY! It always feels so good to vote. Know what I mean? Do you know what I mean? I voted early in the Michigan primary. I voted for Bernie, for reasons similar to the reasons I voted for Hillary in 2016: not because I believe the candidate I voted for is perfect, but because I believe she (then) and he (now) is out best shot to win. Now (just as then), all we have to do is get our shit together and UNIFY BEHIND THE CANDIDATE. All we have to do is keep our eye on the ball. And the ball is beating Trump.

Excuse me -- that's not all we have to do now, of course, but as soon as we have a candidate. But Bernie's out in front, so let's get on board, let's get with a winner! It's basic politics!

No comments:

Post a Comment