Friday, July 24, 2020

Dream Log: Girlfriend Trouble

In last night's dream there was no pandemic. The time was 2020, but I was 35 years younger (early 20's.)

I dreamed I was an undergraduate at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, as I was in the 1980's. I haven't been to Knoxville since 1992. I dreamed a university which looked much different than the one I attended: much more shiny and imposing-looking. Many more huge exterior glass walls on campus buildings.


I have no idea how much my dream university resembled the actual UT. But I have seen some recent photos and I know that the place has changed a lot.

I was hanging out with a fellow student I dated briefly in 1985, and two of her women friends. In the dream, we had just met. We were sitting on couches inside the big glass wall of a campus building. Then she and I kissed for the first time, and I was very happy about that. In real life, I really liked being her boyfriend and would've liked to continue it longer. It was she who dumped me. She was a little bit on the heavy side, but very cute. For purposes of reducing confusion, let's call her Kate.

Then, in the dream, one of her friends -- let's call her Amy -- was suddenly all over me, hugging me, kissing me, rubbing my shoulders and my scalp, climbing all over me like a gymnast on an apparatus. Amy was lean and athletic and very pretty, and although I felt guilty about feeling this way, I was suddenly much more attracted to her than to Kate. I hadn't noticed Amy much at all before she jumped on me.

I didn't know what to do. I felt like I owed it to Kate to continue with her, but I wanted much more to be with Amy. And I felt that it would be dishonest to stay with Kate if that was not what I really wanted.

And, I had to remind myself, I had just met these women, and I had absolutely no idea what they wanted, so that, for example, by thinking that I owed something to Kate, I was assuming something about her intentions.

The third woman never touched me and plays no further role in this dream.

Next, the four of us were separated, and I was running around, looking for -- Amy, although I felt guilty about that, although I had met both Kate and Amy only minutes before. I caught up to Amy on a landing on a huge, multi-story, escalator. On the other side of another huge glass wall students were sitting at rows of PC's. (Is that an unrealistic detail? Would university students today all use their own laptops and/or other mobile devices? Would the poorer students use PC's provided by the university? Would it vary from university to university? I don't know.)

Amy jumped on me again and we made out, not caring who was looking. The pleasure, at least for me, was incredible. I wanted to talk about what was happening, and I was getting more and more worried that Amy was going to be done with me soon -- maybe as soon as a few minutes -- and that this would never happen again. Or that she would just make out with me, or with anybody else, if and when she chose, and would feel no need to commit to me. I started to get pessimistic about it, and to feel as if I had already been dumped, while we were still making out. I thought: what could the odds possibly be that Amy was as emotionally invested in this as I was? What could the odds possibly be that I was as impressive sensually as she was to me? Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment