Wednesday, October 14, 2020

What I Should Have Done

What I SHOULD have done, of course, was to google bookcase easiest to assemble BEFORE ordering a bookcase from Amazon. The easy 20-minute assembly process I finally finished today was brutally difficult, days long, and familiar. And if I hadn't had the hammer and screwdrivers I bought because a recent conversation with my brother reminded me that I really needed some tools already -- it would have been impossible. The moral of the story is, I still need more bookcases, and I'll research which ones are for us non-home-improvement types before I order.

I didn't assemble this one perfectly over the past several days. I'd assembled enough bookcases more or less exactly like this one 


 

to know that I wasn't going to assemble this one perfectly. But I may have come closer to actually following all of the instructions correctly this time than ever before.

Strangely enough, though, I hadn't assembled enough of them to realize that I should never, ever put myself through it again. For some reason, it took one more. Well, learning takes what it takes. Maybe that's why they call it learning. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment