Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Baby!

A female stand-up comic on the toob just said: "Men who call us 'Baby'... I think the next time a man sez that to me I'm gonna say WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" and I changed the channel in anger and said

Wait a minute, Baby!


On the planet I live on, women also call men "Baby" ALL THE TIME.

And there are some people who call EVERYBODY "Baby." Many hipsters did so in the 1950's and I assume that some neo-1950's hipsters do so today. In the lyrics to his 1985 single, John ("Cougar") Mellencamp claimed to know a women who did so, and I quote:

She calls me "Baby"/She calls everybody "Baby"


and for my final exhibit, in the 1974 movie Blazing Saddles Cleavon Little calls

himself


"Baby"!

I don't wish to be insensitive to anyone's problems, but please! female stand-up comic on HBO: some people have

REAL


problems!

Just needed to get that off my chest!

Okay. Feeling a little better now. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment