Sunday, January 3, 2016

'Force Awakens' To Finish W'End In 6th In All-Time W/W BO

On Friday I predicted that Star Wars: The Force Awakens would finish this weekend in 4th or 3rd place all-time in worldwide box-office.

I missed again. Not all of the figures are in yet, but Box Office Mojo projects that The Force Awakens will finish the weekend with $1.5108 billion, #6 all-time, less than than $9 million out of 4th place, but more than $158 million shy of 3rd.

I believe this series of posts on the latest Star Wars movie's box-office has proven one thing conclusively: I am not a wizard at box-office predictions. In the light of my misjudgments of the movie's business thus far, if you were to ask me how soon The Force Awakens will be in 3rd place all-time, I would answer, "Good question, Sparky!" If you were to ask me whether it will eventually surpass Titanic to take the #2 position, or out-do Avatar and become the new #1, I might say something like, "Let's see if we can find an expert somewhere, and ask him or her!"

No comments:

Post a Comment