Monday, September 14, 2020

Dream Log: Jennifer Aniston in a Huge Mall/Airport

 I dreamed I was running around inside a mall bigger than any mall in the real world. It was connected to a huge international airport. The terminal for a Japanese airline was adjacent to a part of the mall which contained Japanese store which did business in yen; British airlines were next to British stores which only took pounds; and so forth. There were huge staircases, some more than thirty feet wide with more than twenty steps between landings. The entire mall/airport was bigger than a city and thronging with crowds. (COVID didn't exist in this dream.)

Jennifer Aniston was rushing down one of the huge staircases, carrying a lot of dresses all bunched up in her arms, as I was climbing up. In the dream, she was Jennifer Aniston, the huge TV and movie star, but she also seemed to be partly the character she played on "Friends," who was in the fashion business. For whatever reason, she was often rushing around with armloads of fashionable clothing. She collided with me as she rushed down the stairs. We knew each other, and this wasn't the first such collision. Jennifer smiled and apologized and rushed on.

 I took a seat on a sofa on the next huge landing. Another friend of mine was sitting nearby, a man with blonde hair and a blonde moustache. He said to me, indicating Jennifer, "You know, such behavior could be interpreted as encouragement for you to advance the relationship. Physically." I said, "Yeah," non-committally. I didn't want to discuss it with him. 

I stood up again and continued rushing around the huge airport/mall. In one of the lounges of a Japanese airline, I found an opened, half-empty roll of 100-yen coins. 

 Then I was in a Korean section of the mall, walking past Korean restaurants, bars, clothing stores. On several different occasions, several different men assaulted me. It was not clear whether they were trying to sexually assault me, or to mug me, or something else.

 Then I walked to an American section of the mall which led out into the open air, where it was raining and several old-looking automotive-repair business were arrayed over a hillside.

 Then I was back inside, walking along endless huge hallways, up and down huge staircases, all very new-looking and all very crowded with people in business suits.

It was near the end of the business day, and I saw Jennifer again, in the midst of a crowd. 

 

I have no idea whether Ms Aniston is short, tall or of average height in real life. In the dream, she was quite petite, about 5 feet tall.  Before I had fallen asleep, I had been thinking about a girl I had met when she and I were both 15 years old, perhaps more beautiful than any other girl or any woman I have ever seen, the only person with whom I can remember the very instant I first saw her face, back in September, 1976. She was quite petite, about 5 feet tall. 

Jennifer was wearing a beige business suit, her hair was swept up in a bun. Her arms were empty. No big pile of fashionable clothes this time. I walked up to her, took her hands in mine, and began to babble quite foolishly. Within half a minute i had told her that I was in love with her. Then I hugged her and kissed her on the lips.

She took several steps backwards, staring at me, very wide-eyed, looking very shocked. She said, "I'll see you tomorrow," and turned and walked away.

The next morning, I saw her, and I said that I wasn't going to take back anything which I had said, because it has all been true. But, I said, naturally I realized that I shouldn't have blurted it all so suddenly, and I apologized for that. I said that of course I realized that that was the sort of thing which I should have gradually let her know, over the course of a year or two or three, being alert for signs that she wanted me to stop. I also apologized for kissing her without asking, and without having received any clear signal that she had wanted to be kissed.

She came up to me and hugged me and put her head on my chest -- I'm 6 foot 3 -- and said that I talked too much. We were silent for a while, holding each other. Then I asked her whether I could kiss her again. She said, "You better!" and then we started snogging, and I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment