Monday, October 4, 2021

I'm Officially Predicting: Rivian and Lucid Will NEVER Deliver

For just a moment I thought Lucid had actually beat Rivian in getting one of their vehicles into the hands of an actual customer. I saw the partial headline: "CEO Peter Rawlinson Delivers Lucid Air..." And I thought: What? Lucid is making deliveries?! And Rawlinson himself dropped off the first one in person?! That's class! (Assuming that Rawlinson then actually left and let the customer have the vehicle to him- or herself.)  

But no: The entire headline reads: "CEO Peter Rawlinson Delivers Lucid Air Production Keynote Address." 

 

Actual customer ownership of a Rivian or a Lucid remains just a dream. It'll never happen. That's right: I said: NEVER. That is my official prediction concerning when both of these companies will deliver vehicles: never. But they'll continue to make big splashy headlines on every other conceivable topic, of course... 

PS, Sep 2023: I was wrong, of course. Rivian is closing in on 6 figures of light trucks and SUV's plus who know how many bread trucks sold to Amazon and others, and Lucid makes AND SELLS very nice cars that'll do a standing 1/4 mile quicker than anything else that costs less than 7 figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment