Friday, August 16, 2019

Dream Log: Ben Affleck Dissed By Young Whippersnappers

I dreamed that I both was and was not an Average Joe/Good Guy/Everyday Hero character played by Ben Affleck in an action/adventure movie. I was the Average Joe, but at the same time I was just me, just watching the movie. Affleck had stumbled across a crime in progress, being committed by characters played by actors in their 20and early 30's, who were probably famous, maybe even as famous as Affleck, but to me they were all kind of a blur because of their age. They were holding Me/Affleck prisoner because I/he had seen what they were doing.

And as if that weren't already bad enough, they were making fun of Affleck because he was old to them.


Ben Affleck, who just turned 47 yesterday, with Ben Affleck's abs and guns and buns and Oscars. The father of Jennifer Garner's children. Seriously, who did these whippersnappers think they were?

We were in a mostly-empty high-rise downtown in some city, like a new building which hadn't yet filled up with tenants. There were lots of rooms painted white, with no people, no furniture, no rugs, no anything. The younf movie stars were committing some sort of large-scale robbery, using both guns and computers. They weren't paying much attention to Affleck, who repeatedly escaped their custody, but only briefly before they caught him again. Sometimes Affleck got as far as a white-pained stairwell, sometimes he actually got outside of the building, into alleys where truck were loading and unloading or onto crowded sidewalks. I/Affleck felt like I/he was getting closer and closer to actually getting away, and coming back with cops and sweet, sweet justice.

One of the whippersnappers was particularly snarky and unpleasant, and apparently more evil than the others too, because he thought they should just kill me/Affleck and be done with me/Affleck before I/Affleck escaped and got them into trouble, but none of the others seemed to want to go that far. They were all like: get the job done, cut me loose and disappear. In the course of repeatedly escaping and then being captured and brought back to the HQ, I/Affleck was talking to these more reasonable members of the gang, trying to turn them against their murderous or would-be murderous cohort. Affleck felt like he was beginning to get through to some of them. They were decent kids, not murderous. They had just gotten caught up in a bad situation. Some of them even started to ease up on the stupid remarks about how Affleck supposedly was old.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment