Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Chess Log: A Quick One

First off, an apology to those of my readers whose interest in this blog is mainly chess. I know, it's been years since I've posted about chess. This has to do with technical difficulties, with IT. I am old and not very good with IT. I'm more interested in chess than ever. Will I post more often about chess in the future. I don't know. I hope so. In brief, the problem is copy-and-paste: When I played at FICS, I could copy and paste my games into my blog posts. I haven't figured out how to copy the moves on lichess. Apparently I'm one a them there OK boomers.

Anyway: the following was short enough for me to easily copy out by hand. With a pen. Some of you younger readers, maybe you can ask a boomer what a pen is. This was a 5-0 blitz game, I played White:

1. e4 d5 2 exd5 Qxd5 3. Nc3 Qe6+ 4. Qe2 Nf6 5. Qxe6 g6??? 6. Qxc8!#

Advanced chess players might spot several mistakes made by Black, but surely the biggest one was not taking my Queen on his 5th move.

No comments:

Post a Comment