Tuesday, November 10, 2020

YouTube EV and Green Energy Channels

A few months ago I stopped watching Rich Benoit's YouTube channel Rich Rebuilds, which until then had focused on his efforts to repair his own and other Teslas, in the face of great opposition from Tesla, because he had finally had enough of Tesla, and was going to focus on an ICE machine instead. Yesterday, I tuned in to a Jehu Garcia podcast interview with Mr Benoit, thinking that perhaps I had misunderstood him. Rich has been known to makes with the jokes. 

A couple of minutes into the podcast Rich said, "I'm into both electric and gas," and I stopped watching. 

You're into both electric and gas, Rich. Isn't that special? Well, some of us are into breathing. Maybe someday, you will grasp some extremely basic, simple and important facts, and maybe then I will again find you to be worthy of my attention. Til then -- bye, Felicia!

Sandy Munro has had a very high rep for a very long time as an auto mechanic, maker of machine tools and parts supplier, and a few years ago he became convinced of the basic technological superiority of EV's as against ICE, and in particular he has become very bullish on Tesla, Inc, and since then he has been a popular guest on YouTube EV channels. Yesterday I started to watch an interview with him on E for Electric. He said he was very excited about Tesla's new battery. And perhaps he has every reason to be. He said that Tesla's new battery was going to eliminate ICE. I'd like to believe that, but it sounds like the statement of someone who's getting carried away. 

And then he said that all of those Wall Street types who are bearish on Tesla have MBA's, "but I have this!" and he held up a copy of Sun-Tzu's Art of War. 

Is it possible for someone not to know that The Art of War has been the most-read book among MBA's since at least 1987?

Anyway, I switched off the interview at that point.

Maybe I just don't get Rich Benoit's or Sandy Munro's sense of humor. Maybe if I just kept watching each interview a little bit longer, I would've learned that Rich is more of an EV guy than ever, and that Sandy Munro knows full well what MBA's read and was about to make a swell joke.

That would be really great. 

I also learned yesterday that NIO,


 

a Chinese EV manufacturer which began selling cars in 2017 and currently has cumulative all-time sales of just over 50,000 units, has just passed General Motors in market capitalization.

No comments:

Post a Comment