Friday, October 28, 2016

The Cars Nominated For Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame



I read today that the Cars are among the 2017 nominees for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and my reaction is:

They're NOT IN YET?! Crosby, Stills & Nash, the Eagles, The Mamas & the Papas, Billy Joel, The Lovin' Spoonful, AC/DC, ZZ Top, John "Cougar" Mellencamp, Metallica, The Hollies, Alice Cooper, Guns N' Roses, Heart, Cat Stevens, The Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Green Day and some other borderline cases besides about whom I could very well have complained, made it into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame BEFORE the CARS?!

I'm sorry, I just can't take this seriously. Let the people come and point their fingers at me and mock me for complaining, just as I point and mock at those complaining over Bob Dylan being the 2016 inductee into the Literature Hall of Fame, otherwise known as gettin' a Nobel.

It's stupid to call it the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to begin with, am I right? Sports have Halls of Fame. Arts are supposed to have Academies or Institutes or like that, am I right or what, Amurrka?

Whatever. I really just came here to say that I like the Cars. The rest is really -- are you kidding me? Joan Jett?! -- whatever. I like the Cars, and the rest of this is NONE OF MY BUSINESS. It's their Hall of Fame and they can do whatever they want to -- the Eagles?! THE EAGLES GOT IN 18 YEARS AGO AND THE CARS AREN'T IN YET?!?! -- it's their Hall of Fame and they can do whatever they want to with it, period, and it's silly for me to get upset about anything like this and I know it's silly, and that's all there is to that. THE MAMAS & THE PAPAS?!?!!! Alrighty then. NEXT!

I think the Cars are a great band. That's all I wanted to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment