Wednesday, August 29, 2018

How the Bursting-Into-Color Thing Has Been Going So Far

See my previous post for what I mean by bursting into color.

So far it's mostly been a bunch of big talk. I haven't completely healed yet from the operation. Pretty much the only exercise which is allowed is walking, and I'm not allowed too walk to far from home base, on the off chance that I collapse. But Boy, a couple of weeks from now, (insert more big talk)!


I think I've been spending more time in front of the computer since disconnecting my TV.

Several different people seem to agree that I'm losing weight. In addition to the walking I'm trying to eat less overall, with more veggies and all of that totally annoying crap.

Today, a woman who'd turned me down flat when I asked her out before the surgery -- but had been polite enough to add "--but I'm totally flattered!" -- said that I looked really good. She meant: compared to just days after the surgery, when she had seen me. It was only later that it occurred to me that it was possible that her remark could also possibly be construed as encouragement to ask her out again.

I'm really bad at this subtextual thing that many of you humans often do. I'm also bad at figuring out which of you is more liable to do it. That's autism for you.

I may have been standing up taller than usual lately. That's possible.

I feel much, much better than I did a week ago, when I was wondering exactly how long I was going to be in constant pain. The answer was: about that long. Now instead of the pain, there's a tightness in my lower abdomen most of the time. Sort of like having gas, but not having gas.

Helath-care professionals have been visiting me in my home. They're all really nice. One of them is helping me to install a shower head in my tub. With the shower head, I will be able to sit on the tub bench also provided by them, and spray myself. That will be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment