Sunday, November 5, 2023

Logistics Again

I have discussed Amazon logistics with people who have some insights into how businesses actually function, with me suspecting that Amazon, and/or some other shipping company, had messed something up, and them arguing that there are things involved which I didn't grasp, things which meant that the quickest route was NOT a straight line.

 
And I've been listening, and I've learned some things. That's how it often works if you talk with smart people, and listen: you learn things. It's great. I recommend it.

I've got another case for the intelligent insiders: USPS says that a package I ordered from Amazon was in a small town in Michigan, about 50 miles away from me, two days. 

According to Google Maps, from that small town to my place is about a 4-hour trip. By bicycle. Somewhat quicker by car.

USPS says that the package is now in Irvine, Texas.

Oh btw, I ordered the item 12 days ago.

Your witness, smart guys. Explain to me how Amazon and USPS have been handling this as well as anyone has a right to reasonably expect.

Or admit the possibility that something has gone wrong.

Oh, I just thought of an explanation: Amazon expected to get the item in that small Michigan town. But they didn't. Eventually they gave up on getting it there -- or maybe they had it there for a while, and then lost it --  and they said, lessee, where else is there one of these things? Aha: Irving.
 
If that's what happened, somehow, it would be much more reassuring to me than if they actually are shipping the package Michigan-to-Texas-to-Michigan. Although I'll be receiving the package the same time either way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment