Monday, November 1, 2021

Dream Log: Hollywood vs the Aliens

Last night I dreamed that the Earth was being invaded by violent extraterrestrials, and that Hollywood saved the world from the attack. I was a part of the Hollywood effort which saved the world. 

Now that I am awake, the details of how we saved everybody are rather vague. It involved a lot of scary costumes by special-effects experts. I think this was less to try to scare the aliens away, as to try to blend in with them. They were scary-looking. We would get into scary alien costumes and lead the real aliens into traps. Something like that. 

For most of the dream, I had less contact with the aliens, than with Rob and Sherri Moon Zombie.

 
 
That is to say: I was working with a bunch of Hollywood people, and I didn't recognize any of them except the Zombies. 

Pretty soon they figured out I had a crush on Sheri (who doesn't?), and they both teased me about that a lot, but in a nice way.

The alien invasion was scary at first, but soon it was evident that the humans had the aliens on the run. Rob was in charge of our group. There were hundreds of such groups operating all over the world. Ours was based in Phoenix. Several of us, including me, would be made up to look like the aliens, and then we would go out and -- as I said, the details are vague to me now. Most of the action of misleading the aliens occurred on city streets. We would run along in traffic, and the aliens would follow us, and then -- something. Something bad for the invasion and good for the safety of the Earth. Apparently we were luring the aliens into some kinds of traps, where they were incarcerated. And then we would go back to headquarters, have our costumes repaired, and repeat. 

Soon the alien invasion was all over with and done. Rob was going around shouting into any news microphone he could find that he hoped, FINALLY, that horror-movie people would get a little more respect, since they had just literally saved the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment