Monday, November 22, 2021

Dream Log: Married to Jennifer Lopez

 I dreamed I got married to Jennifer Lopez.

But in the first part of the dream, I was a small-time criminal in a gang in a city. Or maybe it was more just a group of friends in a poor neighborhood, than a gang. Don't know what city. Some friends and I learned that another friend of ours was being chased by plainclothes police, so we went to help. 

The chase seemed to be more of a tense stand-off. As long as we just stood there around our friend and didn't budge, the police weren't able to arrest him. Then one of the policemen drew a small automatic pistol. One of our group pointed out that there were a lot of witnesses around. Finally the other police convinced him to put his pistol away, and the standoff ended with no injuries and no arrests. 

We were going to celebrate our friend's escape from trouble by having dinner in a restaurant, but I got separated from the others on the way there, and the next thing I knew, Jennifer Lopez, who was part of an ambulance crew, was threatening my cat. I was poor, but I had a cat. I yelled that if anyone hurt my cat, I'd kill them. 

Apparently my angry but empty threat impressed Jennifer Lopez, because the next thing I knew she and I got married. And now she was no longer an EMS worker, but approximately the same huge movie and music star she is in real life. Approximately, not exactly. For example, in the dream she had a lot of children, including one who was still a toddler. In real life, as I learned this morning while researching her in preparation for this blog post, Jennifer Lopez has two children, with her ex-husband Marc Anthony, twins, a boy and a girl, now 13 years old. 

In the dream, we were living in Jennifer's modernist mansion somewhere in southern California, with her numerous children and even more numerous entourage, plus a domestic staff, and a photographer who was taking photos of me with the toddler, and various agents, managers, movie-studio and music-company personnel, etc. Just a huge crowd of people. The mansion was large, but it was quite crowded at the moment.

Gradually I formed the impression that Jennifer was always testing me. For example, when we had first met, when she was an EMS on that ambulance crew, she was pretending to intend harm to my cat, to see whether I would vigorously protect it. I passed that test, which got our relationship started. 

Now we were married, and there was always a huge crowd of people between her and me. Eventually I became sure that Jennifer had intentionally set things up this way, and wanted to see me become more assertive and insist on being alone with her. Which was very much what I wanted too. I was about to start yelling at everybody to clear out, when I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment