Friday, December 31, 2021

"I went back to ICE because there's no viable alternative to Tesla."

Audi E-Tron, BMWi3, Chevy Bolt, Ford Mach-e, Hyundai Ionoiq Electric, Hyundai Kona Electric, Jaguar I-Pace, Kandi K27, Kia Niro Electric, Lucid Air, MiniCooper SE, Nissan Leaf, Polestar 2, Porsche Taycan, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40 and VW ID4. These are all on the market to buy new in Murrka. There are also some discontinued models available used. And I've probably missed a few of the current options. I don't know whether the Hyundai Ioniq 5 and the Kia EV 6 are on sale in Murrka, for example.

 There are over 100 models of new EV currently for sale in Europe. So why are most of them not on sale here in Murrka? That's a damn good question, if you ask me! And if you ask why so many more EV's are sold in Europe and in China than in Murrka, that's one of the obvious answers. And if people say that Murrkins don't buy small cars, I reply that we're not ABLE to buy cars which aren't offered for SALE here. (And I resist the urge to hit. I haven't punched anyone since 1978 and I'm proud of that.) Last time I checked, over half the top 10 bestselling EV's in Europe are not available in the US.
 
The only reason I'm talking more about EV's in Europe than in China is I know less about EV's in China. And about EV's in the rest of the world.
 
(And all of this is not counting large trucks, delivery vans, buses and so forth. There are a lot of those.)
 
Anyway, all of this is in response to a post I saw recently in social media from a person who had troubles with a Tesla (yes, shocking, I know, but he was less than fully satisfied), and went back to ICE, because "there is no viable alternative to Tesla."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment