Friday, February 22, 2019

Is Anything Bernie's Fault?

When I got up this morning, my watch had stopped. It's a Seiko 5. This is my Seiko 5:


There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my Seiko 5 is useless. Without my Seiko 5, I am useless. It's an automatic with no hand-wind option. Apparently I didn't wave it around enough last night.

Later this morning my best Facebook friend and I quarreled about Bernie Sanders, and he blocked me. (My friend blocked me, that is. Not Bernie Sanders.) I blame this on Bernie Sanders. (The blocking, that is. I have no direct evidence, AS YET, that Bernie Sanders sabotaged my watch. But I woulodn't put it past him, and until I have conclusive proof to the contrary, I think I'll imply that it's his fault.) I blocked my friend for a period of time once. I do not recall when or why, but it must have been in 2016, and it must've been over Bernie.

My friend doesn't blame Bernie -- for ANYTHING. That's one of the things we argue about. I blame Bernie for all kinds of things. First and foremost, I blame him for Trump getting elected, because Bernie sowed division within the Democratic Party. I don't blame my best Facebook friend for blocking me -- I BLAME BERNIE. If Michael Corleone gets run over in traffic -- I WILL BLAME BERNIE.

Bernie is now, ironically, in many ways in the same position as Hillary was four years ago: he's the front-runner for the Democratic Party's Presidential nomination, and a lot of Democrats hate him. Like Hillary back then, Bernie now has to unify the party. Good luck with that, asshole! His campaign slogan appears to be: "Not Me -- Us." This would seem to indicate that he realizes that party unity is one of the problems he will face, and that he doesn't realize that the best thing he could do for party unity is not run. I do not see him realizing such a thing in a million years, so we (Democrats. REAL Democrats) have got to crush him early. None of this being nice to him like Democrats did in 2016, hoping that he would eventually return the favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment