Sunday, September 22, 2019

Dream Log: Trying to Flee a Mob Hotel

I dreamed that I was working against my will at a hotel owned and operated by organized crime. It was a huge rambling structure out in the country, only a few stories high.


All of the employees at the hotel were being held there against their will and forced to work. The mob intentionally kept it unclear who was in the mob and who was an employee/forced laborer, in order to keep employees from try to get organized for the purposes of, for example, escape. However, the mob themselves were more than a little bit disorganized. I was able two convince the two men who, everybody knew, were in the mob and who were in charge of the hotel, that I had a job called "fit and fixture," which required me to roam all of the hotel by myself. The hotel was very new, barely finished, and, supposedly, my "fit and fixture" job required me to run all over the place by myself, checking to see that things had been built properly and were ready to be seen by hotel guests. I have no idea whether there is any real job which resembles this "fit and fixture" position.

I convinced the bosses that I had this job because I wanted to roam all over the building and look for a way to escape. I went down into the basement looking for tunnels. I went up onto the roof because, earlier, I had since a restaurant adjacent to the hotel, not run by the mobsters, and close enough to the hotel that I could jump from the hotel's roof to the restaurant's roof. However, when I got onto the roof this time, all I could see was new construction going up amid bare earth, much too far below for a jump to be possible.

Next I tried the parking lot, looking for a car I could steal. I figured with a place as upscale as this, there had to be some sort of valet service. I scoured the entire property but I couldn't find it. There was a fence around the property, ostensibly to keep thieves and other intruders out.

A beautiful woman about my age had taken me into her confidence, so that we could escape together. It seemed she was in charge of some maintenance worker and had quite a few keys. She said that she had just gotten the raise and been handed these keys and was still figuring out exactly what they unlocked. I really couldn't decide which was more likely: that she really was a forced laborer like me, looking to escape, or that she was a gangster pretending to be a laborer, all the better to keep an eye on me.

I took a break and went to the men's room, and even in there, I was sure that some of the guys in the stalls were gangsters pretending to be workers, making small talk as they allegedly relived themselves, trying to uncover escape plans.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment