Sunday, September 1, 2019

Dream Log: Unsuccsessful Love; Heroic Surfing With Blue Oyster Cult

I dreamed that I was re-united with the same woman I dreamed about a few nights ago, the woman I knew 30 years ago in real life. In the last dream she was an actor starring in a Broadway play, and she got me a role in the play; in this dream, we were civil servants working in a small-town Midwestern community center, a building with a rustic stone exterior and exposed beams in the ceiling of the lobby, an architectural style reminiscent of buildings in National Parks.


In the previous dream we were in love. In this dream her affection for me faded very quickly. I kept losing things such as my shoes and my jacket, and she seemed very disinclined to be with someone with that level of gross clumsiness. She didn't tell me with words that she was breaking up with me or to stop touching her, but her non-verbal body language was very clear.

Then I was outdoors by myself, in an area which was very grey and cloudy and windy. I had found my shoes and my jacket, at least, but I was very sad over the break-up.

Then I told myself to stop feeling sorry for myself, and to do something positive instead.

I walked to a nearby beach, where there was huge surf. The members of the rock band Blue Oyster Cult were surfing out there, and they were also playing their songs.



They had their instruments with them on the surfboards, and everything was apparently being amplified by some wireless method. They were fully dressed in street clothes on the surfboards; no swimsuits or wetsuits. Besides surfing and playing music, they were also rescuing people. Not people in the ocean, but people on land whom they could see while they were surfing: people in accidents, people being attacked or having one sort of health incident or another, etc. They would spot someone in trouble, stop playing, rush to the person's aid, stay with them until EMS or other appropriate help arrived, then went back to surfing, playing music and watching for people who needed help. Once, we retrieved a kitten from a tree and returned it to its distraught owner.

I joined the band right away. I'm not saying that I started jamming with them: I became a member of Blue Oyster Cult, right away. I had my own surfboard and my own guitar, and I played and sang along and watched for people in trouble on the shore, and rushed to their aid as soon as one of us saw someone who needed help. We went into an extended jam on the main rhythm-guitar riff in "Godzilla," Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment