Thursday, September 19, 2019

Well, That Washing Machine Door is Stuck!

It's an Electrolux front-loader.


The problem with the door sticking has been getting worse for over a year. Right now, there's a washed load in it, and please believe me when I tell you that I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I pulled so hard that I pulled the washing machine off of the ground, that I nearly broke the door and nearly dislocated my shoulder trying to pull it open.

Also, I don't know how to find a repair company who won't rip me off. Autistic people are not good at that.

I looked at YouTube videos. Seems this is not an unusual problem. Several of the videos say that a stuck door like this can sometimes be opened with string. But I can't find any string.

Oh, but that's right, I can actually go to a store and buy string.

All of the videos agree that a stuck door can be the result of one of several different problems. Sometimes a part or parts must be replaced.

What do you do with a load of laundry that's been sealed tight inside a washer for -- who knows how long it will be? Days, I'm guessing. Do you just do another rinse cycle and you're good to go? That seems about right but I'm not sure.

I'm in counting-my-blessings mode: I HAVE a washing machine, even if I am not currently able to open it, even if it is going to need a repair. I have a roof over my head, I am not homeless and destitute and unable to wash nor garment nor self. I am not going hungry. I have several days' worth of clean clothes OUTSIDE of the stuck washing machine. There's really no need to melt down about this. And hey, main thing -- I thought of something else to blog about! Lemonade from lemons! Focus constantly on the career!

No comments:

Post a Comment